I have had more than my fair share of interesting experiences in my life – mostly self inflicted . One thing that I have learned is that life is what YOU make of it. You can’t control all the events in your life, but you can control your willingness to participate.
Since I have written almost exclusively about technical aspects of hosting for the last several entries I thought it would be fun to share a few strange personal experiences that have happened to me over the years. I won’t go into a ton of detail, but everything listed below is 100% true.
* I was hit by a bus while riding a bike in Taiwan – TWICE!
* I have sat on the shoulders of a 7 foot tall African Chief in Kenya.
* I have been held at gunpoint by South Korean military police.
* I have had the FBI and local police raid my house and confiscate all my computer equipment (Hey, I was still a minor!)
* I was bitten by a monkey while living in Saudi Arabia (Jeddah).
* I was beaten by a 10 year old girl at the table tennis US Open (Yes, there really is a US Open for Ping Pong!)
* I’ve spent 8 hours in the Disneyland police station
…. AND LOTS AND LOTS OF GOOD STUFF TOO!!!!
My point is that life has all kinds of interesting experiences in store for us, but we have to be willing to stretch ourselves. Next time you ask yourself “Why would I want to do that?” instead ask yourself “Why not?” Life is short, make the most of it!
Matt Heaton / President Bluehost.com